Thursday, May 31, 2012

Quickie: Ferret Potty Pad Ads?

I just started advertising on this site and I have to say it's kind of hit and miss. While I approve of the standing "Fart Button" ad which towers on the right side of my page, I remain concerned about the Ferret Potty Pads that lurks furtively under the Morgue.

It bothers me because I think of Google as the smartest kid in the room. I think of them as a huge complex of highly intelligent, extremely wise, diligent and dedicated innovators who model everything they do for years in a lab before they launch it in beta and I believe everything they say. I am a zealot. So if Google says the best ad for my website is Ferret diapers, what does that say about my content?

Is this what people get from my writing? Do people read "The Great Orange Grove Miniature Cliffside Village Urine Disaster" and look up from their laptop and ask the room, "Do you smell Ferret piss?"

Erma Bombeck never had this problem.

3 comments:

  1. OK, the heretic agnostic in me just can't resist pointing out the "Lord's Gym" ad that has just appeared. Is it just me, or is the buff Jesus shoulder-pressing the cross WAY more disturbing than the ferret pee pads????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Attention Blogger:

    You need to blog more!

    -The management

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hillarious. I check your blog every now and then and every time I do, I can't stop laughing.

    ReplyDelete