Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Quickie: Sarah Garlington, This is Your Wake Up Scrawl

Waking my daughter is a chore. Every morning I spend at least 20 minutes shaking her, calling her, playing bad music really loudly, and even singing made-up wake-up opera. Her reactions fall exclusively into the 'we are not amused' category. But this morning's mute reaction deserves special recognition. I pull the blanket off of her and find her fully clothed, wearing her shoes and all. Her arm flops out of the covers and catches my attention.

The award for most comical note presented in a dramatic fashion goes to: Sarah Garlington.

"Dad! Up till 4:30 or 5 [indecipherable] Am dressed. Let sleep."

3 comments:

  1. You are going about this the wrong. I, too, used to shake, scream, tip over the mattress, etc. Call her cell phone. She is physically incapable of NOT answering her cell. Works like a charm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like her sense of humour! And, clever, that girl is...Ready to roll at the appointed time!

    ReplyDelete