Saturday, July 7, 2012

Saved by Sanjaya

I've been reading some blogs lately and I am afraid that Sanjaya Malakar from American Idol might turn into some kind of Web Saint. A lot of people really, really like this guy who can't sing and makes Simon what's his name want to stab himself in the eye with a pencil. But no one is talking about Sanjaya's miracles. I think the church needs to look into this. I mean, after our cat died, Sanjaya healed us. Please, Mother T wouldn't even give me the time of day.

2 comments:

  1. I feel like American Idol, while entertaining, is ruining some young minds in their understanding of music. People like Sanjaya who are cute, have hair that might be just a bit to long and happen to have stage presence, can't automatically sing.

    It frustrates me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The whole idol concept is wearing particularly thin on me, and I usually LOVE the whole reality TV genre.

    We haven't yet received the joy of the latest season of American Idol over here in Australia yet (Has Paula slept with another contestant yet? Has Simon been mean yet? Has Randy said "Dawg" too many times yet?), but apart from wanting to see this guy and his hair - yes, I've heard about him even before Chris's blog - there isn't too much that sounds interesting. Apart from the mass audtions where the wonderfully self-deceiving get told good and proper. THAT is Tv gold...

    As for sainthood... do what needs to be done. Then sit down and watch "Thank God You're Here" - a brilliant TV show on NBC that has come out of some of the smartest comedians in Australia. From what I have seen of the US series already, it is brilliant and has translated well from us to you.

    ReplyDelete