Friday, March 29, 2013

First Snow

The sky finally gave it up and covered our yard with a velvety blanket of snow last night. It's still coming down and I know I don't usually write Hallmarky bull hockey like this but it's really nice.

I think what I like the most baout snow is that my yard finally has a consistent, beautiful appearance--one unbesmirched stretch of alabaster instead of a hodge podge of green grass, brown dead grass, old leaves, dead plants, McDonald's litter, and rusted bikes.

My mom is visiting and I got up to make waffles and bacon and coffee and she got up and had her coffee and decided to take a moment at our big windows and take in the snow. She parts the drapes to gaze out at our beautiful snow white landscape and nearl spit her coffee through her nose because staring back at her was a gossamer draped skeleton and a grinning horrid skull glaring back at her through the falling snow.

I left my halloween decorations piled in a corner of the backyard. I'm thinking of finally putting them away but then, it does make for a unique snowman . . .

3 comments:

  1. A picture please!!!! The visual is killing me, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds nice. Just wait until it really snows and you are all inside for a day or so together.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make that two for "coffee through the nose". Awesome.

    (Also, you need to post your blog on Facebook so that your full posts come through. Don't ask me how to do that, but I managed to get it done myself.)

    ReplyDelete