Tuesday, November 6, 2012

13 Reasons Why Dads Go Crazy

  1. Daughters.
  2. Sons.
  3. Boobs.
  4. The thing at the end of this sentence.
  5. THE THING AT THE END OF THIS SENTENCE .
  6. The elegant and complex curse combinations issuing from my daughter's lips.
  7. A DVR schedule so replete with Simpson reruns and Dirty Jobs instances that I can't watch Manimal. Again.
  8. 9 large trees in my yard, 17 large trees in the adjoining yards=127 bags of leaves each fall.
  9. Dog poop. . .
  10. . . . in the laundry.
  11. Finding out the only shaver left in the house before a meeting is a used pink, women's, bikini razor.
  12. Remembering it's Columbus day--as you pull up to the closed School at 7:45 am.
  13. 4 people in a house that can't drive to get:
    • toilet paper
    • maxi pads
    • tampons
    • poster board
    • printer ink (but the store is closed)
    • Kinkos homework printouts
    • twice

7 comments:

  1. OK OK I took the link and went to your blog! You have me ROLLING!! I have to send my husband your site he'll appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog may be the best out there. Bravo

    ReplyDelete
  3. ZOMFG! My daughter's periods started this past year - she's 12. Last night I came home to make dinner, and after I fired up the grill, cooked the chicken, steamed the rice and vegetables, I had to set the table. I pushed all the mail over to the edge and threw some plates down.

    The wife comes home just as everything is ready (excellent sense of timing, that woman) and we all sit down... just in time for me to notice that the pink package I pushed over with the mail was a huge pack of Maxi-pads.

    I'm not looking forward to the boob years ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's 14 (boobs should count as 2).

    ReplyDelete
  5. laughing laughing laughing...

    (I mention you in my TT today....)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hilarious! I love it! I'll be back to read more.

    ReplyDelete